Saturday, January 21

CFA


Somewhat used for Chartered Financial Analysts….Always dreamt to be the one for Airtel. People close to me would definitely know this. From the last 1 & a half year, even my laptop begged me to change the wallpaper saying Nishant Goel as CFA…
Eighth semester left me all alone with no roommate & I guess with no friends left….with no more mehfils or asking for water in rooms….helping me concentrate on my career . Laughing stock turned into some serious career oriented person. Again CFA was the first word to come in my mind….For the  next two days, searched for successful CFA people, saw their testimonials and videos….OMG they filled me with such a enthusiasm that I even bought a book on “Financial Mgt” by ‘IM Pandey’ on the very same day..to have more insight in finance. This slogged period even helped me earn a title – “Mature ho gaya tu to” from our beloved Sahil (some people may know him better as ’Google’).

Third day at library, again the same…searching for CFA exam’s curriculum, coaching, scope..blah blah….then suddenly came across the number of students passing CFA annually – just 39% of appearing students  & that’s the no. for just CFA level 1. The 2nd & 3rd level even lie ahead in the game of numbers with just 40 & 50% resp.  After this an another shock came to me, when I saw the enrollment charges for appearing in level 1- 1300 $. Soon after that, the questions took no time to occupy my mind……Would I be able to compete with professionals around the world & will I land in the successful part which is even less than 39% of people appearing with great knowledge in this field…?? Should I ask my father for CFA when I can’t assure him of becoming one…..?? Should I really do CFA or concentrate on my regular studies…??
Still in search for answers….For the time being, I am back to my daily work..and yes, soon going to start ‘The Big Bang Theory’….!! JJ

2 comments:

  1. very well written Nishant... i never knew this CFA side of yours.. only thing i want to add here.. DREAM BIG... and work passionately hard to achieve your dream.. if u dream to be CFA... dont let anything to let u surrender to circumstances...:):)
    All the best...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bhai kabhi btaya hi ni u want to become a CFA...

    ReplyDelete

:)